How to measure for ready made Eyelet Curtains
Quick Measuring Tips!
- We offer an alteration service to the drop measurements of all our curtains.
- Eyelet curtains are only suitable for poles
- There will be approximately 3cm of additional fabric above the top of the pole, if you would prefer a different amount then please let us know.
- Measure to the nearest whole cm
- Measure in several places to allow for any irregularities and use the smallest of those measurements
- Always use a metal or wooden tape for better accuracy
- Always measure the pole not the window
- Get someone else to help by holding one end of the tape
- Always use something safe to stand on rather than stretch
All our ready made curtain are sold in pairs, so a 90 inch wide pair of curtains would fit a 90 inch pole or track as each pack would contain two curtains each of approximately 90 inches before gathering, below is our guide:
Pole or Track width up to 48" (122cm)
Recommended curtain width 117cm (46")
Pole or Track width 48" to 66" (122 - 168cm)
Recommended curtain width 66" (168cm)
Pole or Track width 66" to 90" (168 - 228cm)
Recommended curtain width 90" (228cm)
The above recommendations are based on two times gather but anything between 1.5 and 2.5 is acceptable according to the amount of fullness you would like.
Measuring for Eyelet Curtains
Measure the distance between A and B, which is the pole only and excludes the finials (the decorative ends on your pole).
* These allowances are only a guide, you can choose any allowance which best suits your preference.